Bhagavad Gita Online Class 1
An introduction to the Bhagavad Gita: The difference between spirituality and materiality (chapter 1 verses 1 to 3)
This class covers:
• Why we pray to Lord Ganesh at the beginning.
• The difference between Dharma (the first word of the Gita) and mama (the last word of the Gita).
• The meaning behind the number 18 (18 chapters in the Gita, 108,000 verses in the Mahabharat, 18 legions of the Pandavas and Kauravas in the war, 108 beads in a mara, 108 is (1) multiplied by (2 x 2) multiplied by (3 x 3 x 3), distance from Earth to Sun 18 times the diameter of the Sun and distance from Moon to Earth 18 times the diameter of the Moon).
• Materiality (what you have) vs spirituality (who you are).
• Gratitude to the great thinkers and commentators of the Gita ("Sambhavami yuge yuge" meaning "I come into being from age to age").
Why we pray to Lord Ganesh at the beginning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJylF1WfYIk
Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkSSKz4gGps
Chapter 1 verse 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOZPn-NvNhE
Chapter 1 verse 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOC_bgyD59c
Chapter 1 verse 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2IsB8yLQiY
GO TO THE NEXT CLASS BY CLICKING HERE.